- JOB TITLE: Educational Services Consultant
- DEPARTMENT: Education Services
- REPORTS TO: Center for College & Career Readiness
- FLSA STATUS: 1099 Contractor
- JOB TYPE: 1099 Contractor Per Diem
The Center for College and Career Readiness, in partnership with MeTEOR Education, is looking for educational services consultants to coach and support educators in school districts on how to leverage High Impact Learning Environments to improve student engagement and maximize student achievement in K-12 Classrooms.
Our Educational Services Consultants work as 1099 Independent Contractors who are paid based on how many days of work are needed. While the work is available at all times throughout the year, it is intermittent. We are looking for someone who is passionate and committed to moving education into the 21st century and beyond, and is willing to travel given adequate notice.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for providing training, coaching, support and mentoring for educators in an educational atmosphere to promote student engagement and collaboration by connecting the dots among instructional best practices, learning environment and tools for 21st Century Learning focused on student-centered learning experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 4 years of teaching experience
- Experience as an educational consultant preferred
- Experience as an instructional coach or mentor for school-based administrators, teacher leaders and/or classroom teachers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitative skills
- Technical knowledge and proficiency
- Commitment to a core set of beliefs about learning, teaching and job- embedded professional learning support
- Conduct needs discovery and awareness with the client to uncover gaps in the alignment of current learning environments and instructional best practices and provide suggestions/recommendations for support and coaching (onsite and/or virtually)
- Model, demonstrate and coach educators on how to leverage the learning environment to maximize the intended student learning outcome
- Provide side-by-side coaching, support and actionable feedback for teachers within the new learning environments focused on the alignment of the learning environment to the intended learning outcome, task development, and productive student conversation (accountable talk) utilizing appropriate academic vocabulary
- Guide teachers through reflective lesson planning to incorporate the following High-Impact Learning Experiences’ components: Authentic Inquiry, Inclusiveness, Respectful Conversations, Rigor, Ownership
- Engage in conversations with clients to develop action plans for the delivery of services and provide on-going communication throughout the process through summaries and recommendations for next steps
- Interface with other departments in Meteor including Learning Experiences Specialists (LES) and designers when appropriate to provide input and expertise as it relates to learning experiences
- Utilize technology as an instructional tool and current research in technology
- Stay abreast of the current research-based practices and participate in Meteor training opportunities